Sweet Potato with Bourbon Sauce
2 pkg. Earth Exotics™ Sweet Potatoes
3 T. butter (cut into small pieces)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
3 T. brown sugar
2 oz. bourbon
1/2 c. orange juice
1/4 | 1/2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook 12 to 15 minutes until very tender.
- Drain sweet potatoes, return pan to medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan.
- When butter melts, add nuts and toast for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and let it bubble.
- Add bourbon and cook out alcohol, 1 minute.
- Add orange juice and the cooked sweet potatoes.
- Smash with a masher and season the sweet potatoes with nutmeg, salt and pepper.