Butternut Squash Waffles with Bacon, Goat Cheese and Shallots
1/3 cup diced Earth Exotics™ Butternut Squash
1 cup flour
1 Tbs baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbs melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sliced Earth Exotics™ Shallots
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Cook Earth Exotics™ Butternut Squash in boiling water 10 minutes until very soft. Drain and mash.
- Mix squash with flour, baking powder, salt, milk, butter, and egg.
- Meanwhile, saute the Earth Exotics™ Shallots in oil on low heat until carmelized, about 25 minutes.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes. Serves 4.
- Cook the batter in a waffle iron according to manufacturers directions. Serve waffles topped with shallots, bacon and goat cheese.
This is a fun and different brunch dish. If you like, serve with some local honey.