I'll Squash You Soup
5 Tbs. of butter
1 medium onion, chopped
6-7 Earth Exotics™ Baby Carrots, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper
1 can of vegetable or chicken broth (13 oz)
3 packs of Earth Exotics™ Butternut Squash
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup Asaigo cheese, grated
Cracked black pepper
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large pot, sauté onion and Earth Exotics™ Baby Carrots in butter over medium heat. Sauté for 5-10 minutes or until onions are translucent and soft.
- Heat oven to broil, and place whole jalapeno on cookie sheet under the broiler. Turn the jalapeno as the skin blackens and blisters. Remove from oven once jalapeno is completely blackened. Place jalapeno in brown paper bag until cool to the touch. Remove skins and seeds. Add roasted jalapeno to the pot with the carrots and onions.
- Add broth and Earth Exotics™ Butternut Squash to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce and cook covered for 25-30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Move mixture to a blender and puree.
- Return to a clean pot and add cream. Heat through, seasoning with pepper and salt to taste. Garnish with grated cheese and a bit of crumbled bacon.
- Serve in a bowl with a piece of thickly sliced bread. Serves 6. Preparation time: 15 minutes