Butternut Squash Sauce with Sage
3 pkg. Earth Exotics™ Butternut Squash
2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 ea. Earth Exotics™ Shallots (minced)
1 Bay Leaf
Pinch Ground Nutmeg
6 fresh Sage Leaves Cut in thin strips
1 c. Chicken Broth
½ C. Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano
Chopped Chestnuts for Garnish
- Place the olive oil and shallots in a deep skillet over medium heat until the Shallots begin to color.
- Add the squash and season with Salt and Pepper. Sauté a few minutes to lightly caramelize the surface of the Butternut Squash.
- Add the bay leaf, nutmeg, sage and chicken Broth.
- Cover the pan and cook until the squash is tender but still holding its shape about 8 minutes.
- Puree the sauce with the standard or immersion blender and serve. Top with grated cheese and chopped chestnuts before serving. If desired, fry some sage and shallots in olive oil to garnish.
Try serving with Potato Gnocchi or your favorite Pasta.
Courtesy: Binkley's Restaurant, Chef Kevin Binkley, 6920 E. Cave Creek Rd.
Cave Creek, Arizona 85327